Fully automated, we can:
- Prepare and grind coating formulations
- Analyze the rheology, inhomogeneity, and defoaming performance
- Coat different types of panels and have different options for curing and drying
- Evaluate the coated panels with a rub-out test and an imaging study
- Measure color, gloss, and haze of the coated panels
- …And we can achieve even more with our well-equipped labs
Please contact us for a deeper discussion about your requirements!
Insights of a dispersing additive & Grind Aid screening on high quality automotive pigments
In a broad HTE screening (Figure 1) on pigment concentrates the results show that the combined use of dispersants and grind aids can be a perfect fit. Especially for high-quality pigments, the storage stability can be improved significantly and the color strength gets better. This effect is shown in Figure 2 on PG 36 by the use of ZETASPERSE® 3100 in combination with ZETASPERSE ® 179 & 182.
Automated setup to find the best defoamer
When searching for the best compromise between defoaming and compatibility, the HTE can be a very helpful tool. The foam unit uses an overhead stirrer to produce foam and in a following step the breakdown of the foam is measured over time (Figure 3). To get a full picture also the compatibility is checked on a coated panel by taking pictures (Figure 4). The analysis of the images tells about number & size distribution of the craters.