- Future-proof solutions for coatings, printing inks, and adhesives product formulations
- Latest products and services focus on improved performance, ease of use, and sustainability
- Customers can discover Evonik’s latest innovations at Booth 426 in Hall 3C as well as in several presentations at the show
Essen, Germany. Evonik will present its latest solutions for the coatings, inks, and adhesives industry at the European Coatings Show 2023 in Nuremberg, Germany, from March 28 to 30.
The specialty chemicals company is focusing on how it can help its customers "Formulate the Future". To create truly "future-proof" formulations, Evonik's latest solutions improve both the performance and the sustainability profile of an end product. Highlights include innovations for architectural, automotive, marine, infrastructure, packaging, wind energy, and wood and furniture surfaces.
“Modern coating and adhesive products should be innovative and customized, as well as based on renewable raw materials to make them more resource-efficient and environmentally sustainable,” said Claudine Mollenkopf, President Division Specialty Additives. “With our technical expertise, we are helping our customers develop solutions that are fit for the future.”
The expansion of these more sustainable products is in line with Evonik's focus on increasing the share of “Next Generation Solutions” in its portfolio. These products offer customers much greater sustainability benefits than conventional alternatives.
Examples include additives, resins, and monomers that: enhance the performance of automotive applications; beautify and protect architecture; create stronger, longer-lasting structures; and develop high-performance coatings, inks and adhesives that safely preserve quality and freshness while reducing the environmental impact of future smart packaging solutions.
These and other innovations will be featured at Evonik’s
Booth 426 in Hall 3C, as well as during Evonik’s diverse range of European Coatings Conference 2023 and product presentations throughout the three-day show.
Some of Evonik's notable innovations to be highlighted at European Coatings Show 2023 include:
- Smaller sized silica for increased durability of clear and pigmented coatings: SPHERILEX® DP-0110 provides gloss control for matte or satin finishes and improved durability of architectural and wood coatings.
- Solutions for visually appealing automotive and wood coatings: TEGO® Wet 290 and TEGO® Wet 296 improve wetting and anti-cratering properties for better leveling of waterborne automotive and wood coatings.
- Safe and widely usable dispersant developed for waterborne printing inks: TEGO® Dispers 780 W offers high performance at low dosage, excellent viscosity reduction, color strength development, pigment stabilization and improved shock resistance.
- Self-healing concrete additives: Cutting-edge SITREN® Selfheal adds natural microbes to concrete for repeated self-healing of cracks and pores caused by water, improving durability and reducing maintenance costs for more sustainable concrete structures.
- Next generation defoamers for concrete superplasticizers: SITREN® AIRVOID 330 and 332 offer strong label-free defoaming performance along with high compatibility in various PCEs over time even at higher temperatures.
- Ultra-low VOC and bio-based epoxy curing agents: Ancamine® 2739, 2712M and 2802 offer an ultralow level of volatile organic compounds (VOC), fast curing times, and enhanced UV durability to protect architecture and infrastructure on land and sea. Using raw materials derived from 40-45 % biobased sources, Ancamine® 2719 provides sustainable fast curing protection for marine metal coatings, potable water, and food applications.
- Environmentally benign catalysts: POLYCAT® SA 2 LE and DABCO® 8174 tin-free heat and delayed action catalysts contain no CMR components and low VOCs, making them ideal for adhesive, sealant, and elastomers where improved labeling, lower hazard profile and high sustainability is desired.
- Bio-based diamine curatives: VERSALINK® EP-P-170 is an easy to process liquid at room temperature and contains over 80 wt.% bio-renewable content, helping reduce the carbon footprint of the final product by 30 to 35 wt.% when used as a curative in polyurea repair coatings, adhesives, and elastomers, where performance and sustainability matter.
- Broad range of eCO products: DYNACOLL eCO expands Evonik’s range of ISSC-PLUS-certificated products, ensuring exact and complete traceability of sustainable raw materials.
- Certified, carbon-footprint reduced methacrylate monomers: VISIOMER® Terra products have a bio-carbon content of up to 85%, certified according to the international standard ASTM D 6866. They provide sustainable and environmentally friendly building blocks for high-performance polymers.
- Environmentally friendly ethoxy silane adhesion promoters: VPS SIVO 350-1 shows excellent adhesion and mechanical properties and good flexibility in cured SMP and Silicone systems such as hard parquet adhesives.
- Modern anti-corrosive coatings: VPS SIVO 240 is a 2-in-1 additive that offers long-lasting protection and makes ow-solvent or solvent-free paints easier to process, reducing VOC content making them more sustainable.
In addition to highlighting its new products, Evonik has also released the latest edition of its digital “Coatings and Adhesives Journal,” allowing key industry players to discover more cutting-edge products.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated sales of €18.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.49 billion in 2022. Evonik goes far beyond chemistry to create innovative, profitable, and sustainable solutions for customers. About 34,000 employees work together for a common purpose: We want to improve life today and tomorrow.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.