Your way to the optimized defoamer
Most important for sensitive systems, e.g. low PVC, pure acrylic
- The paint is applied at a layer thickness of 100 µm with a doctor blade on glass.
- After drying, the surface is evaluated for irregularities and craters.
- Additionally the gloss and haze is measured for glossy paints.
Rating according an internal scale:
0 = many craters, very incompatible
5 = no craters, very compatible
Test to evaluate the best process defoamer.
- 50 g of the paint are stirred for 1 min at 3000 rpm.
- 45 g of the foamed sample is poured to a graduated cylinder.
- The volume is noted.
The lower the volume, the more efficient the defoamer.
Test to check the performance in the end-application.
- Paint is applied on a Leneta card with an open pored roller
- after drying the surface is evaluated visually with respect to macro-foam
- on a light box the micro-foam is evaluated
Rating according an internal scale
0 = A lot of foam
5 = Foam-free
Our defoamer experts are happy to help you find the optimal defoamer. Please click on the contact button on the right for the specific contact details for your region.
Find your additive in 100 seconds
Product Recommendations, Formulation Assistance, Voice Control Interface: The AI-supported COATINO® network is your “all-in-one” solution to save time and money for developing new coating formulations.